Blog of Packing Gift Box, Jewelry Boxes, Folding Boxes
Christmas Gift Boxes Idea
- Created: Monday, 05 October 2009 01:38
- Written by Administrator
Christmas Gift Boxes Idea
For most of us, Christmas gifts are the most treasured presents of our lives. They are filled with the magical Christmas spirit and joyous greetings. We love to buy gifts, wrap them beautifully and present it to our family or friends during the holiday season. Christmas gifts signify the love and the special feelings we have for the deserving recipient of the gift.The presentation of the gift is as important as the gift itself. The way the gift is wrapped may attract or impress somebody instantly. Gift box becomes extremely important if there is something that you cannot wrap without putting it into a box. You can put assorted chocolates, truffles, candies, homemade cookies or glass ornaments in the Christmas gift box.
The Christmas gifts box that we have picked for you is quite easy to make and you can make it in bulk for presenting gifts to your teachers, colleagues, school friends etc.
Papier-mâché box (available at any crafts store), 1 roll of textured wallpaper, Tape measure, Crafts glue, Disposable dish or cup, 2-inch sponge brush, Sheer white ribbon, gold-edged and White decorations as desired
- Trace and cut textured wallpaper for lid and sides of the lid by placing the box with topside down, on the wrong side of the wallpaper. Cut out the lid shape leaving an additional 1/2-inch margin for the tabs. Using a measure tape, measure the circumference of each lid and add 1/2 inch for overlap. Measure the height of the lid and add 1/8 inch. Now cut a strip of wallpaper for the sides of the lid using these measurements.
- Now trace and cut wallpaper for gift box base and sides of box by placing the box base on the wrong side of the wallpaper. While tracing for the circumference for the base, add ½ inch for overlap. For the height of the base, add 1 inch for top and bottom tabs. Now cut a piece of wallpaper for the base sides.
- Mix glue with a few drops of water in a dish until the glue is the consistency of light cream. Now lay the box-lid wallpaper shape, right side down, on a covered work surface. Using a sponge brush apply an even coat of diluted glue to the paper shape and center the piece of glued paper on the lid, smoothing from the center out. Fold the margins down onto the lid sides, using scissors to clip a tab every inch.
- Similarly glue the lid sides on the box as well. Apply glue to the wallpaper strip and press the strip onto the lid sides, letting the strip extend 1/8 inch beyond the lid bottom. Now paste paper onto the base sides and fold the margins into the box at the top and onto the bottoms of the base, clipping a tab every inch.
- Lastly, glue paper onto outside bottom of box and let it dry.
- To present, place gifts in the boxes and tie a ribbon bow on top, add a note on a gift tag.